[cvsnt] Re: "An error occurred during logon" - Win2K3, CVSNT 2.0.51

rfplctu02 at sneakemail.com rfplctu02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:57:21 BST 2005

If I set SystemAuth=yes, delete the passwd file in CVSROOT,
and remove the "Use local users for pserver authentication
instead of domain users", the errors go away.  IOTW, when
using domain authentication instead of aliasing to a local
user, there are no failure audits.

I originally didn't use that mode because I was under the
impression that with pserver authentication, passwords would
be sent over the network with just a simple hash.  This has
security implications which our system admins find
unacceptible.