[cvsnt] Re: URGENT: Need to reconstruct sparse tag

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Jun 9 08:53:10 BST 2005

Glen Starrett wrote:

> I see you already figured out how to solve your immediate problem,
> but FYI I figured out you can get the time a tag was placed with the
> history command.
>
> cvs history -T -a -n ModuleName

That will only work if the tag was set using the RTag command, not the
regular Tag command. Furthermore this will only produce results if you
query exactly for the module name that was tagged - not if you query
for a submodule (or even a file therein) or a different, overlapping
virtual module. On top of that you are assuming that history logging is
enabled in the first place and that the history file is complete. I
would guess that admins tend to purge it from time to time when it
reaches a certain size.

Cheers,

--
Oliver