[cvsnt] Harvest CVS File Properties using Perl?

Williams, Tim WilliamsTim at PRAIntl.com
Thu Jun 9 13:43:05 BST 2005

Hi folks,

  I would like to determine the status of files managed by CVS (in my
sandbox) and not have to do it using the CVS Status command, but rather
by accessing the extended file properties.  For example, I can view the
status in Windows Explorer by adding the "CVS Status" column to the
explorer view - this is what I want to capture in my Perl script (Not in
CVS , Not Modified, Modified....)

 I have done this in the past by piping the CVS Status command to a file
and then parsing the output to find what I need, but I would prefer a
more direct route.  This may be able to be accomplished in VB using
Microsoft's DSOFile.dll  but I'd much prefer to use Perl.

I'd appreciate any advice you may be able to offer.

Tim

SAS Systems Administrator
PRA International
Charlottesville VA, USA