[cvsnt] cvsnt login problems

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Thu Jun 9 17:41:55 BST 2005

> From: chuck.wright at comcast.net [mailto:chuck.wright at comcast.net]
> I can access the repository from my workstation with no
> issues, both from WinCvs and from the command line client.
> I'm able to import, checkout, commit, etc., with no problems.
>  But, I'm the only one who can - other users get the
> following error message:
>
> "cvs [login aborted]: Authentication protocol rejected access"
>
> Here's what I've got:
>
> cvsnt version 2.0.51d installed on a dedicated windows 2000
> (5.00.2195, sp4) server ,
> repository: C:\cvsrepo,
> temp dir: C:\cvstemp,
> protocol: sspi,
> CVSROOT=:sspi:<ip address of server>:/cvsrepo
>
> Here's what I've done:
>
> I and my coworker both have logins on the server - same
> username as on our workstations, respectively

And the same passwords?  If you create a share on the server (*not* your
CVS repository :-) ), can your co-worker map it as a drive without being
asked for a username and password?  If they can't, you've found your
problem - tinker until that step works.

> the passwd file is currently empty, but adding either one of
> us, even without a password, has no effect (this I expected),

Irrelevant under SSPI, I think (never tried it).

I assume you don't have domain accounts, so this is in a workgroup
environment?

		- Peter