[cvsnt] Remove old files from the repository?

BEAUCHAMP, MICHAEL J. MBEAUCHAMP at AMICA.com
Thu Jun 9 21:05:28 BST 2005

Hi,

I have a large web app with about 10,000 files (and growing).  For legal
reasons, my company wants to remove files or versions of files
(revisions) that are more than 2 years out of date. So far the only
thing I've found is the admin -o command and option, but aside from
being dangerous, I can't figure out a way to do more than one file at a
time in WinCVS.

For long term projects, what is the recommended way of managing the size
of a repository? Should I just start a new repository every so often and
back up the old ones?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael Beauchamp
IT Developer 1
Corporate Information Systems
Amica Mutual Insurance Company
1-800-992-6422 ext. 23224
mbeauchamp at amica.com

intended
addressed.
postmaster at amica.com
and the sender of the message.  Thank you.