[cvsnt] Building on Cygwin...

Jari Ahonen jah at progress.com
Fri Jun 10 13:24:55 BST 2005

I suppose Cygwin isn't exactly a prime platform for cvsnt but because
of incompatibilities between good old RCS tools and CVSNT repository
files I'm trying to find out if a Cygwin version could be built.

The reason is that I'm running ViewCVS and some scripts under Cygwin
to have a more Unix-like environment. Unfortunately Cygwin RCS tools
choke on some CVSNT RCS files. I tried enabling the direct Python
parsing of the RCS files but that broke diffing functionality. :(

Since ViewCVS under Cygwin doesn't seem to like the idea of using
Windows version of CVSNT I tried to build a Cygwin version.
Unfortunately the build bombs out with errors. Some of those I could
fix by adding more header files but I can't figure out what to change
to get the cvsapi SocketIO stuff to build.

Has anyone else tried to build CVSNT 2.5.01 under Cygwin ?

- Jari