[cvsnt] Re: Building on Cygwin...

Jari Ahonen jah at progress.com
Fri Jun 10 15:00:41 BST 2005

> What does "Cygwin-based ViewCvs" mean?
> AFAICT ViewCvs is not a Cygwin application, it runs as a
> function under the web server (IIS or Apache).
> In what specific way is ViewCvs "based" on Cygwin????

I'm running ViewCVS under Python under Cygwin.

As you probably know Cygwin is a Unix-emulation environment.

> I suggest that you are using an old version of ViewCvs and
> are having trouble because of this.

Nope, it's quite recent 1.0-dev build. And yes it does have
the cvsnt integration stuff.

> So why Cygwin is an issue at all I fail to see....

I think I've figured it out now. Quite simply the Windows tools
such as CVSNT don't understand the Unix filenaming syntax used
in Cygwin. :(

However, not that I know this is the problem it's a lot easier
to try finding a possible solution.

- jah