[cvsnt] out of memory with cvs log...

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Fri Jun 10 23:46:45 BST 2005

Yes it should have to look at every revision but it shouldn't have to load
and hold every revision in memory at the same time.
It seems like the max needed should be the sum of all the log messages + the
largest revision patch (is that the correct term?) + some over head, which
should be considerably smaller than the total ,v file size.

Yes for smaller files loading the entire file into memory maybe convient and
possibly faster but for larger files it just seems that your asking for a
major slow down when you start using virtual memory

Matt S.

news:d8d2lv$8p2$1 at paris.nodomain.org...