[cvsnt] about #29 trouble ticket [ Vírusmentes]

Zoltan.Szathmary at generali.hu Zoltan.Szathmary at generali.hu
Mon Jun 13 12:36:41 BST 2005

Tony!
I saw that you accept my notice about file status problem, in #29 trouble
ticket.
You wrote there: "CVS has always done this, oddly enough (repeated with CVS
1.11). I guess it's down to the usage pattern that it never bothered anyone
before. Whether it's fixable is debatable.. I've got a suspicion that the
way it works means that there's an inbuilt assumption that files are
unedited before edit. "
OK. No modify this behaviour.
However, it would be necessary to verify before "edit" command, the file is
in "unedited" status or not. Don't execute "edit" command if the file is in
"Locally modified" status. How about this?
Zoltan