[cvsnt] Re: Keyword 'properties' breaks rcs keyword ordering

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Mon Jun 13 21:40:20 BST 2005

Tony,

> The syntax of 'properties' is such that it cannot be parsed by the old
> RCS executables *at all* so you must use the cvsnt RCS wrappers.  You
> could get away with it before... you can't any more.

cvsgraph parses the files directly.

> The keyword shouldn't be there if you're not setting any special
> variables though.

Hmmm.... the file which started this all rolling has the following:

1.1.1.2
date    94.03.27.02.47.27;      author dsomers; state Exp;
branches;
properties;
next    ;
deltatype       text;
permissions     644;
commitid        5e7f42adb3a23747;
kopt    o;
filename        scan.c;

So, properties is being written... even if there are no properties. (Or have
I misunderstood what you're saying).

Also, I've discovered another keyword that breaks cvsgraph/viewcvs's
annotate

extract is:

1.122
date    2005.05.15.18.51.09;    author tmh;     state Exp;
branches;
next    1.121;
deltatype       text;
permissions     600;