[cvsnt] Re: Keyword 'properties' breaks rcs keyword ordering

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jun 13 21:57:13 BST 2005

David Somers wrote:

> Which tends to indicate it is that pesky 'properties' in the wrong place
> error. Looks like somebody will have to hack the viewcvs code (don't look at
> me, I don't really do python)... either that, or write some code to repair
> the affected files in a cvsnt repository.

My understanding is that viewcvs calls 'cvs rcsfile' directly.  I'm not
sure why it would ever parse the RCS files like that.

I can move properties (plus stop it appearing when it shouldn't) but it
won't really help parse something like:

properties
	notes:@fixes a bug in the widgets code; to test.@
	to_test:@development team 3@;

..there's multiple @ strings plus a semicolon in there.. it doesn't
conform to the 'newphrase' syntax at all.

CVSNT is also rather more liberal with what it puts in the files these
days than RCS ever was (relaxed tag naming rules etc.)