[cvsnt] Re: ignore cvsignore

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Mon Jun 13 22:29:28 BST 2005

> Unfortunately it's not so simple, otherwise someone would have done it :)

Ain't that always the way.

> The closest I could think of would be a flag that told import to
> completely ignore .cvsignore files for the duration of the import.
> Building it into the ignore logic itself looks a bit hairy...

I assume by hairy you are applying a dab of understatement. I did have a
look into the import code, but I ran away terribly quickly... although... in
import_descend(), there is a call to ign_add_file (CVSDOTIGNORE, 1); so if
that call was disabled (though my much hoped for -I@ to ignore all and
.cvsignore), wouldn't that have the effect of ignoring any .cvsignore files
as the import descends... or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Greetings from Luxembourg,

David