[cvsnt] Latest updates - cvsnt 2.5.01 build 1997

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jun 14 11:10:48 BST 2005

David Somers wrote:
  > 1. ignore_cvsignore should be explicitly set to false at the start of
> import()... otherwise there is the danger that you are working with an
> uninitialized variable... or worse still, once set, its never reset!

It's global, therefore is always initialised to zero automatically
(there is of course the issue of the command being called twice, but
that's an issue in pretty much every command in cvs).

> 2. When -I @ is specified, you no longer call ign_add( "!", 0)... but isn't
> that necessary otherwise the default internal cvsignore list is used? (Its
> hard to tell as that code in ignore is indeed a bit hairy.)

I was thinking more along the lines of making them separate, so you do

-I @ -I !

to ignore everything.

Maybe that's too counterintuitive..?