[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Release plans/TT issues, etc.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jun 14 14:29:59 BST 2005

Oliver Giesen wrote:
> displayed in the search results (furthermore if you filter by
> "Affected" you couldn't sort by "Fixed in" without also setting a
> filter on "Status") and you couldn't just search for "affects

??  Not sure I understand that.. can you explain?

> 2.5.01.1976" as the tickets contain no information about when (i.e. in
> what release) the issue started to appear (or rather: against which
> release it was first reported).

It's often difficult to nail down - bugs are sometimes reported months
after they get into the code.  It's best to assume anything listed as
fixed after a particular revision is probably in the older revisions.

> Am I also right to assume that upgrading the server to CVSNT 2.5.02.x
> will eventually be a one-way street even if I don't make explicit use
> of new features, what with the supposedly new backend and all that?

Yes.  It'll be a major upgrade.. for that reason I wouldn't expect
people to upgrade immediately.

> That's why I'm really eager to have a 2.5.01.x release with a managable
> number of known issues until then as that's what I will be stuck with
> as it is...

Looking at the list myself it's larger than I thought.  It might be
worth putting out a new release just to catch up in that case, maybe
with some new stuff disabled (I'm thinking mainly of the activescript
stuff which is basically untested).

> Fair enough, I'll let you know if I should get round to verifying some
> of these. Pretty much depends on the quality/clarity of the ticket
> descriptions though... e.g. I wouldn't know how to verify an issue
> described to happen "under some conditions"...

Hopefully there aren't too many of those... I try to be specific but
sometimes the entries get written when I'm a bit tired :)