[cvsnt] Re: Problem with xcopy in postcommand scirpt

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Jun 14 18:53:38 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
>> And amazingly, if I use the copy command instead of xcopy then the
>> files do get copied when run from postcommand!
>>
> Wierd...
>
> Maybe xcopy is checking its terminal status or something..

YES!!  That's it -- I remembered something from before about that, but
not related to CVSNT.

A quick Google refers me to a blog entry mentioning how XCOPY checks for
STDIN to be present or it "just doesn't run" (at the end of the post).

http://blogs.msdn.com/khen1234/archive/2005/4/25.aspx

--
Glen Starrett