[cvsnt] Web interface

Manfred Moser manfred at cardiocomm.com
Thu Jun 16 21:45:39 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:09:43 -0700, Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Manfred Moser wrote:
>>
>>>Oh.... that sounds much better. I just tried jcvs and seems not to
>>>support the sserver protocol. Maybe I got more luck with viewcvs.
>>
>>Bo did a ViewCVS installer, and it works quite well for installing the
>>optional components of ViewCVS (enscript, not sure what else) and
>>configuring it.
>>
>>Check the 3rd party tools in the cvsnt.org wiki.

Thanks... that looks like a great option. Just means I gotta install Apache or
IIS although I am running Tomcat already. Oh well... I would have liked to avoid
that since the box is already quite busy but if it can't be helped.

> But he is talking about "Tomcat", I do not know what that is, maybe
> one of the zillions Linux distros? In that case it won't work of
> course.

Tomcat is an open source java servlet container.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/

Kind of like a web server for java applications. Very easy to deploy new
applications. I got jcvs installed by just dropping the web archive file in the
webapps folder. Unfortunately jcvs doesnt support sserver. Otherwise it looks
like a very nice web cvs frontend.

Oh.. and it all runs on Windows 2000.

manfred

Manfred Moser - manfred at cardiocomm.com