[cvsnt] Web interface

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jun 16 22:44:38 BST 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:45:38 -0700, Manfred Moser
<manfred at cardiocomm.com> wrote:

>Oh.... that sounds much better. I just tried jcvs and seems not to support the
>sserver protocol. Maybe I got more luck with viewcvs.

ViewCvs does not use any protocol at all! It parses the RCS files all
by itself, but can be configured to use the cvsnt executable for the
parsing. But that use is *not* via the client/server protocol at all,
it still accesses the RCS files directly.
And this is the reason ViewCvs cannot be used on anything else than a
repository stored on a local hard drive, no foreign mounted drives are
possible.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)