[cvsnt] Web interface

Trevor Leybourne trevor.leybourne at aderant.com
Thu Jun 16 23:14:11 BST 2005

Hey Bo,

Foriegn mounted drives are possible with ViewCVS and work quite well. We
have a build server running IIS and ViewCVS and our CVS repository is stored
on a SAN which is only accessable from the CVS Server (which doesn't run IIS
and so cannot run ViewCVS).

What we did was define a local user on the build server running ViewCVS and
the same exact user was defined on the server mounted to the CVS Repository.
The user names and passwords on the two must match exactly. Then we defined
a share on the server with CVS repository which gives read access the the
repository files to the defined local user.

ViewCVS then runs as the defined user which means it has rights to the share
through a UNC path (windows sees the two users as being the same and gives
access). Works perfectly. We then defined ViewCVS to pickup all repositories
in the shared drive.

Obviously no one else has access to the repository through the share and
must use CVS to access the repositories.

Trevor

news:vgs3b19gdhlntqku6ttoaijqgnm1lkce60 at 4ax.com...