[cvsnt] Problem with Loginfo???

Ho How Hon how_hon at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 07:51:00 BST 2005

Hi,

I have been seeing some inconsistencies with loginfo. Here's my setup.

Server:
Win2k server
CVSNT ver 2.5.1.1076
CVSMailer ver 1.5.2.41

Client:
WinXP Pro
WInCVS 2.0.0.2

My loginfo script on the server is setup as follows:

ALL cscript.exe D:/CVS/cvsrepo/test/CVSROOT/logbugdata.vbs "%{sVv}"
ALL C:/Programs/CVSMailer/CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID $USER $CVSROOT -rcvs_test
%{sVv}

When I commit a file, I find that my vbs script is only able to see one
argument from the command line. The argument is the name of the file that is
being committed and the previous and current revision number.

Now I modify my loginfo file as such:

ALL cscript.exe D:/CVS/cvsrepo/test/CVSROOT/logbugdata.vbs "%{sVv}"
#ALL C:/Programs/CVSMailer/CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID $USER $CVSROOT -rcvs_test
%{sVv}

In this case, when I commit a file, I do not get any email notification as
expected. This time, my vbs script is able to see 2 arguments from the
command line. The first argument is the repository subdirectory and the
second argument is the name of the file that is being committed and the
previous and current revision number.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a bug with CVSNT or CVSMailer or
am I doing something wrong?

How Hon