[cvsnt] Unable to connect to cvs server via TortoiseCVS

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at touchtelindia.net
Thu Jun 23 00:55:55 BST 2005

Hi all,

I need to evaluate cvs as a document management system. I have downloaded
the latest stable build of cvs NT from http://www.cvsnt.org and
TortoiseCVS. The CVS client and server installed flawlessly and the cvs
service and the cvs lock service are running. I want to connect to the cvs
server via ssh. The documentation tells me that I will need putty. I have
downloaded putty. What do I do next?

I am doing the evaluation on a laptop running Windows XP sp2 with all
updates applied. For the evaluation, the server and client are on the same
machine.
Pranav