[cvsnt] Re: cvs server aborts with "No such file or directory" on commit option

LogBot logbot at dealraider.com
Tue Jun 28 16:26:42 BST 2005

My previous message is below. I figured out that this message is
actually coming back from the remote server, and is not being generated
by my client it seems. Can someone please verify that such an error
would come from the server and then just be displayed back on the
client? Or, is this the client saying it can't find the given directory.

Thanks!

I'm getting the following error when trying to commit a file with CVSNT.
The CVSROOT uses the sserver option, and I've already successfully
connected and imported my module, so it's not a connectivity problem.

I don't even have a C:\WINDOWS\TEMP directory on my system, so I don't
know where it's pulling that or how to override it. I've tried
specifying the -T option, I have my TEMP/TMP/TMPDIR environment
variables set, and I've set the registry value as well, with no luck.

Error:

C:\testcvs\cvstest\config\openldap>cvs commit -m "" slapd.conf
Checking in slapd.conf;
/cvsroot/cvstest/config/openldap/slapd.conf,v  <--  slapd.conf
cvs server: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cvs187.tmp: No such file or directory
cvs [server aborted]: error diffing slapd.conf