[cvsnt] Re: Protocol :ext: not working

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jun 28 19:39:27 BST 2005

Gill Ernst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to use the :ext: protocol in CVSNT, but no luck.
>
> I have set the following environment ('\' and '\\' also not working):
>
> C:\>set cvs
> CVS_EXT="C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe"
> CVS_RSH="C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe"

To use it from the command line you need to use CVS_RSH (or CVS_SSH) not
CVS_EXT, as it's designed to be called from legacy clients therefore
expects the parameters that they send (which are in a fixed format).

You can use CVS_EXT but it's a little more complex...

Your options are

CVS_RSH="C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe"

or

CVS_EXT="\"C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe\" %h -l %u"

or

cvs -d ":ext;command='c:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe %h -l
%u':vcl134:/sw-aut

CVS_EXT overrides CVS_RSH and the command keyword in the cvsroot
overrides both of thse.