[cvsnt] Latest updates - cvsnt 2.5.01 build 2013

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jun 30 01:24:55 BST 2005

David Somers wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 June 2005 17:30, Tony Hoyle wrote:
>
>>* info -b: Local discovery of cvsnt servers using zeroconf.
>

> In the docs, it says:
>
> Where supported) list available cvsnt servers on the local network. This
> currently requires mdns support on the client
>
> Um... shouldn't that be ... on the server?

Well, both actually.

There's client support (mdnsclient, which is a hack of nss-mdns) built
in to the code but it may not function on all platforms.  Server
suppport requires a responder which again depends on the platform.
Win32 has howl, OSX has its own internal one, Linux has whatever's
installed (usually howl).

> On my system I only have ZeroConf installed on my server, and when doing cvs
> info -b on my client it works.

That means thare's client support too :)