[cvsnt] Latest updates - cvsnt 2.5.01 build 2013

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jun 30 10:06:36 BST 2005

David Somers wrote:
> FYI, it works just fine on both my Linux and Windows clients.

I ported the client to Windows then backported it to Linux... the code
is pretty portable now but there's stuff in there I can imagine not
working on some platforms.

> BTW, I'm absolutly amazed that ZeroConf works... after months of sitting idle,
> my mDNSResponder is now doing something useful ;-)

It's a strange protocol...  in theory it could be really useful but
hardly anyone uses it, outside printers.

I've even cut down the usage.. I've had zeroconf registration in cvsnt
for a little while & was putting the repository information in there
too, but decided it's better just to announce the existence of the
server rather than the whole thing (since I needed a protocol for
querying machines across the internet anyway).

If you run xinetd on your Linux box you can tell it to announce all the
services the machine supports, and you can run itunes servers using it.
  That's about the whole use at the moment!