[cvsnt] Latest updates - cvsnt 2.5.01 build 2013

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Thu Jun 30 12:34:39 BST 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 13:12, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> David Somers wrote:
> >>Gnome has support built into its vfs (network://) for finding ftp and
> >>web servers.
> >
> > I'd a KDE man myself.
>
> Me too... personally I find the Gnome 2 UI really difficult to get to
> grips with, so don't use it.
>
> Apparently the latest kde has dnssd:/ but I haven't tried it.

Me meither... meanwhile I'm waiting for Gentoo to set KDE 3.4 stable before I
can try these things out.

> > Though I'm not sure I like "-d ." ... maybe "-d *" would be better (since
> > * is generally asociated with ALL/ANY).
>
> On a Unix client that'd expand to every file in the directory, causing
> some confusion!

Oh b***s... forgot about that.. sometimes the shell can be a PITA.

> > (What about the password... will it use blank or the same as the anon
> > username?)
>
> It's really geared towards SSPI, so passwords shouldn't be needed..
> however 'cvs -d . login' will work.

ok.

> One of my personal gripes about zeroconf is all the APIs are
> incompatible with each other.  I had to implement the server
> registration twice - once for Apple, once for Howl.  If I support
> another one it's another implementation...

Um, yes... I saw your comments in the source about that ;-)

Avahi is another implementation
(http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fAvahi).

Greetings from Luxembourg,

--