[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.0.58d CPU performance problems and the lockserver

Edward Patterson edward.patterson at benefitfocus.com
Tue Mar 1 21:27:54 GMT 2005

   We are currently running into performance issues with CVSNT. Even with the AV turned off on the repository directory and the reverse DNS lookup disabled the performance hit after 4 or more cvs.exe processes run on the server the CPU is pegged at close to 98 to 100%. WE tried upgrading to a better machine with a dual, multi-threaded Pentium 4 processor. With up to 10 cvs.exe processes running on the machine the CPU is at 85% but the majority of the CPU is held up by the lockserver process. I find it hard to believe that CVSNT server can only support less then 10 concurrent users at one time. I have scoured the internet for possible performance issues but there is not much out there. Anyone else running into this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Edward Patterson
Configuration Management
Benefitfocus.com Inc.

BENEFITFOCUS.COM CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or dissemination of this communication or its contents in any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please notify the original sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, return the original message to the original sender or to bfpostmaster at benefitfocus.com, and destroy all copies or derivations of the original message. Thank you.  (BFeComNote Rev. 07/29/2003)