[cvsnt] Re: handling file/directory which includes non-us-ascii chars in its name [ Vírusmentes]

Zoltan.Szathmary at generali.hu Zoltan.Szathmary at generali.hu
Sun Mar 6 21:14:16 GMT 2005

Tony wrote:
> Also, post the output from running 'cvs -t ver' on the client as that'll
> tell use what codepages are in use & whether any translation is actually
> in effect.

Unfortunately, I must reinstalled the last good cvsnt (v2.0.58d), and this
is the output of "cvs -t ver" command. the codepage are the same on client
and server, as I said.
Also this was the situation while the newest cvsnt was installed,
nevertheless, cvsnt changed the non-us-ascii caharcters in the file names,
during import, add, and we cannot checkout, update, commit such "strange"
files/directories which are in the repository previously.

cvs -d :pserver:szzoltan at sihu00d02:/easypoc -t ver
  -> Tracelevel set to 1.  PID is 3936
  -> Session ID is f60422b6cf50974
  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:szzoltan at sihu00d02:/easypoc
  -> Compression enabled
  -> Server codepage is CP1250
  -> Client codepage is CP1250
  -> Server version is CVSNT 2.0.58d
  -> Client version is CVSNT 2.0.58d (cvsgui active)
  -> Requesting server cvsignore
  -> Requesting server cvswrappers
  -> Requesting server cvsrc (read-cvsrc2)
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d (client/server)
Server: S -> ParseInfo(e:/cvsrepo/easypoc/CVSROOT/precommand, /easypoc,
ALL)
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d (client/server)
S -> ParseInfo(e:/cvsrepo/easypoc/CVSROOT/postcommand, , ALL)

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

(By the way, after reinstall this older version of cvsnt, all repository
have authentication problem. It's a long story how to resolve it...)

> 2.5.01 is the first release that works correctly with multilingual files
> - it no longer matters which codepage the clients and servers are in for
> example.
So, why changed the filename during add/import? With older versions of
cvsnt, we hadn't problems at all with our special filenames with hungarian
characters. (during add/import the name still unchanged, and we can
checkout, update,commit without any problem!)

> It's possible if your client and server were in different codepages your
> repository has corrupted names in it, and you didn't notice because you
> never checked out the files on the server.  Correcting the affected
> files manually should fix this.
No! Our repository hasn't corrupted, and as you see, codepage aren't
different on client and server (and never were different)!

Zoltán