[cvsnt] Re: Forcing server character set?

Torkild Ulvøy Resheim torkildr at resheim.no
Tue Mar 8 12:06:43 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 12:53, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Tony Hoyle wrote:
> > Torkild Ulvøy Resheim wrote:
> >> Is there a way I can force the cvsnt server to use the Cp850 character
> >> set for a module?
>
> OTOH for files you don't normally need to set it at all - there's no
> interpretation of characters done on text files, other than line
> endings.   CP850 is just Latin-1 and isn't particularly special.
We're using an "ancient" programming language (Visual DataFlex) which is still
in the DOS era so we need to code our files using Cp850 in order to get our
national characters (æ/ø/å) correct. Lately we've written our own development
tools for this language using Eclipse. Now when we compare files using the
visual diff, we get differences wherever these national characters are
involved. Since the Eclipse projects are set to use Cp850 my idea was to
force the CVS server to use the same so that we don't get any differences.
--
Med vennlig hilsen / Kind regards                                  ((
Torkild Ulvøy Resheim, Senior Systemutvikler / Software Engineer    ))