[cvsnt] OT - CVSNT list archive problem

Alexandre Drummond zandao at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:44:17 GMT 2005

I'm coding a script in Python to automaticaly copy gzip compressed files
from http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt, uncompress and index them.
The sync part is working well, but during uncompress operation I'm
getting an exception from GzipFile command.

I've also have the same errors when using gunzip 1.3.5 from command line
in cygwin and linux ("invalid compressed data--crc error" and "invalid
compressed data--length error").

WinRAR is also giving the same error: "CRC failed in
var\lib\mailman\archives\private\cvsnt\2002-July.txt. The file is corrupt".

It happens with all files. On the other hand winzip doesn't complain
about a thing!

Since I need this script running on Windows *and* Linux I can't rely on
winzip to do the work.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Regards,

Alexandre Drummond.