[cvsnt] Setting -ko on existing files

Nitzan Shaked calius at netvision.net.il
Thu Mar 10 13:09:17 GMT 2005

Hi all

I have a module in my CVSNT-hosted repository with many files and some history. I would now like to have the '-ko' option "on the files" -- that is: I would like to avoid keyword expansion when checking-out / updating the files.

If I run 'cvs admin -ko' from the root of my sandbox I get a warning that "-k option does not affect future commits", and that I should use "update -k" or "commit -f".

I am not sure I understand whether or not I have achieved what I wanted, or in the alternative that not: how to achieve that.

By the way -- from what I can gather 'cvs admin -ko' changes the files one by one. Is there an option to set just one place in CVSROOT (the directory, not the env variable...) and be done with it?

tia,
Nitzan