[cvsnt] Switch to user failed due to configuration error Windows 2003 server

Dino Celovic dino_celovic at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 16:29:14 GMT 2005

Hello,
I saw posts with the same subject in Jan, but no solution.

In bief, trying to cvs login as a user, other than the one that did the
actual installation of cvsnt, fails with the above message. Protocol
pserver.

Here's what I have:

Cvsnt on win server 2003, service running as "Local System".
In the advanced config menu, "run as user" is set to "client user".

I am trying to cvs login from console on the local machine...

Login as AdminUser who actually installed the cvsnt works.
(pserver:AdminUser at localhost:/myRepo)

Then:
 - I create an other user account on windows 2003 and give it admin
privileges: Admin2
 - Add Admin2 to cvs users list: 	cvs passwd -a Admin2

Now if I try to cvs login as Admin2, I get:

>>Logging in to :pserver:Admin2 at localhost:2401:/myRepo
>>CVS password: ********
>>Fatal error, aborting.
>>cvs [login aborted]: Admin2: Switch to user failed due to
>>configuration error.
>>Contact your System Administrator.

I also tried cvs login, providing on purpose a wrong password for
Admin2, and I get different message:

>>cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server localhost rejected
>>access to /myRepo for user Admin2

Which would indicate that cvsnt authenticates users correctly?

Any ideas/experiences very welcome...
Thanks