[cvsnt] Migration from GNU CVS to CVSNT? Status of CVSNT for Eclipse?

David Aldrich david.aldrich at t-modus.nec.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 10:38:06 GMT 2005

Hi

Our company develops software on Linux, Solaris and Windows platforms.
We currently use GNU CVS server and run a variety of CVS clients
including SmartCVS, TortoiseCVS and command line. We are now considering
migrating to CVSNT to have the option of commercial support and to
integrate better with SmartCVS. If we migrate, we will run CVSNT under
Solaris or Linux.

I have some concerns about migrating to CVSNT, which are:

1) Support for Eclipse (I know there have been issues of incompatibility
between CVSNT and Eclipse. I see Eclipse as a vital platform for the
future and want to be sure that it will work well with CVSNT).

2) CVS - CVSNT repository migration seems to be a one-way - street there
is no turning back. Should I be concerned about this? Can I migrate to
SubVersion from CVSNT at a later date?

I would very much welcome comments on these issues, and any other
comments that you think are relevant when choosing between GNU CVS and
CVSNT (I have seen the CVSNT advantages pages on the CVSNT website)

Best regards

David

Telecom MODUS is an ISO9001/TickIT approved Company.
LRQA Certificate of Approval reference 0965133
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND CONTAINS INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVATE AND/OR PROPRIETARY.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please forward the whole message to admin at t-modus.nec.co.uk
Company Registration No.3493954
Telephone Number +44 (0) 1372 381880
Fax Number +44 (0) 1372 381804