[cvsnt] Re: Client Lockup during Checkout

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Mar 21 17:27:13 GMT 2005

Casimiro Daniel NPRI wrote:
> I tried a few different server versions and still had the problem.
>
> I tried:  1.11.17, 1.11.18, 1.11.19, and 1.12.11
>
> The problem manifested itself with all three versions.  It took
> longer to happen with version 1.11.17, but it still happened.  It
> seems to happen during *every* checkout with version 1.11.19 and
> 1.12.11.

Can you describe in more detail "locks up"?  Is this before or after the
files are updated?  What protocol are you using?  There is a known issue
with SSH against some servers that will cause the client to hang after
the update is complete, but it still works otherwise.  From your
description it's impossible to tell if you are in that situation or
something completely different.

If you're using TortoiseCVS, then the EXT protocol (which also uses SSH)
works properly.  I haven't seen this myself, so I don't have any specifics.

--
Glen Starrett