[cvsnt] Case sensitive user name

Friedrich Niederreiter friedrichniederreiter at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 09:35:54 GMT 2005

Hi,

we did a HW migration from one CVSNT-Server to
another. All users logon via SSH using private/public
keys. Unfortunately, the user names now are all lower
case (ie: the passwd file doesnt contain entries
starting with UserName:...., but username:.....).

Since CVSNT seems to store its watch/edit information
using case sensitive user names we have a watch/edit
mess because we copied the repositories from one
machine to the new machine. Any suggestions how to
solve the problem?

Things that come to my mind are:
a. Do recursive replacements of UserName with username
in the loginfouser file (or similar file name, I am
not sitting at the server right now). Of course:
CVSNT-LockService must be shutdown, the repository
backed up, ....
b. Somehow make cvsnt case unsensitive in the user
area via some magic switch/ini-setting,...?

How do you people handle your usernames: all lower
case, mixed?

We are running in an AD Domain, with AD Domain users
being members of local groups on the CVSNT server,
which is a Win2000Prof workstation. CVSNT version is
2.0.41 (client & server).

Thanks alot

Friedrich Niederreiter