[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Mar 22 23:17:19 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:20:13 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>cvsnt 2.5.02 Experimental build 1914
>
>This is a test build for the new branch.
>
>* Merge putty changes from Bjoren Davis.  I haven't had much chance to
>look at this beyond checking it makes sense...
>* Install control server, which will handle things like remote admin
>eventually (possibly also repository browsing).
>* Test command for new core code:
>
>cvs testmod [-d directory] module   - simulate checkout using new core.
>
>As a test this has a few caveats:
>1. It doesn't work client/server - local mode only.
>2. It doesn't actually read the repository files so can't tell the
>difference between deleted files etc.
>3. The rename stage isn't there (it's designed to handle it, but I'm
>only testing modules at the moment).
>4. Win32 only - the API calls it uses haven't been implemented on the
>Unix builds.
>
>What it does do is handle modules and modules2 functionality.  I've
>tried it on a few scenarios that I have for testing here and it seems to
>do the right thing... however I need a few people to test with various
>kinds of evil modules/modules2 files to make sure it does the right
>thing - if there's an issue I can fix it now rather than later when the
>rest of the framework is built around it.

I have now compiled and published an InnoSetup installer for the 1914
build too.
Hope that I have gotten it all right since there was a few items added
to cvsnt now (sqlite dll plus activation of cvscontrol).
Still, I could install on my server and a quick look shows it is at
least working basically.
And I also removed an installer bug that stopped the services at the
end of the install requiring a server restart to get it going. Not
needed anymore.

http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/cvsntinstaller.html

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)