loginfo with "branch tags" (was RE: [cvsnt] CVSNT Broken! taginfo - Additional Info)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Mar 24 18:47:20 GMT 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:56:24 -0800, "David Hauck"
<davidh at netacquire.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been following this thread enough to glean that there may be the
>possibility of using loginfo to help with generating *branch specific logs*
>(vis a vis "branch tags"). This is something I've been wanting to setup for
>a while now. Can this be done (is the %t replacement the branch tag, if
>applicable)? Any suggestions on what I might try here?
>
>Thanks in advance,

Yes, if you add  %{sVvt} to the end of the line in loginfo then the
result will be the following (on the command line as one ending
command parameter):
<module name> <file>,<oldrevision>,<newrevision>[,<branch tag>]

So the branch tag of the file will be output, but only if it exists.
And it is done on a file-by-file basis.

If you pares this in loginfo then you will be able to log commits to
specific branches as opposed to other commits even if the commit is a
combination.

Note that the whole string will be output as one command line argument
even though it contains spaces, and embedded spaces in file and folder
names will be escaped with \.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)