[cvsnt] Re: Problem installing on HPUX 11i (v 11.11)

Kris Dekeyser kris.dekeyser at lms.be
Tue Mar 29 14:40:07 BST 2005

The layout of my previous post was srcewed up, making the message close to
unreadable. So, I post again:

Hi,

I downloaded the HP-UX depot file and tried to install. swinstall installs
fine, but as soon as I try to execute cvs I get the following error:

# cvs/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library:
 libgcc_s.sl/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directoryABORT instruction
(core dumped)

I checked and indeed, I do not have libgcc_s.sl installed on my system.
Looks like a gcc library is missing. I have installed:  gcc 3.4.3
and the following libraries are installed (in /usr/local/lib):
charset.alias
libform.a
libintl.a
libssl.sl*
cvsnt/
libform.sl*
libintl.la
libstdc++.a
gcc/
libform_g.a
libintl.sl*
libstdc++.la*
gettext/
libfrtbegin.a
libmenu.a
libstdc++.sl*
libasprintf.a
libg2c.a
libmenu.sl*
libsupc++.a
libasprintf.la
libg2c.la*
libmenu_g.a
libsupc++.la*
libasprintf.sl*
libg2c.sl*
libmmalloc.a
libtcl.sl*
libbfd.a
libgettextlib.la
libncurses++.a
libtclstub.a
libbfd.la
libgettextlib.sl*
libncurses.a
libtk.sl*
libcharset.a
libgettextpo.a
libncurses.sl*
libtkstub.a
libcharset.la
libgettextpo.la
libncurses_g.a
libz.a
libcharset.sl*
libgettextpo.sl*
libopcodes.a
libz.sl*
libcrypto.a
libgettextsrc.la
libopcodes.la
perl5/libcrypto.sl*
libgettextsrc.sl*
libpanel.a
pkgconfig/
libcvsapi-2.5.01.1904.sl*
libiberty.a
libpanel.sl*
python/
libcvsapi.la*
libiconv.a
libpanel_g.a
tcltk/libcvsapi.sl@
libiconv.la
libpython.a
terminfo/libdb.sl*
libiconv.sl*
libssl.a

If I download the sources and compile the code myself, I cannot use the
sserver protocol. This is the trace output:

$ cvs -t -d :sserver:cvs at localhost:/EDM login
  -> Tracelevel set to 1.  PID is 16189
  -> Session ID is 3f3d424171813138
  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sserver:cvs at localhost:/EDM
Logging in to :sserver:cvs at localhost:2401:/EDM
CVS password:
  -> Config file name /disk/EDMBuild/cvs/./home/cvs/.cvs/cvspass
  -> Config file name /disk/EDMBuild/cvs/./home/cvs/.cvs/sserver
  -> Config file name /disk/EDMBuild/cvs/./home/cvs/.cvs/cvspass
cvs login: SSL connection failed (-1): error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
cvs [login aborted]: Connection to server failed

PS: I tried with several recent versions including versions 2.0.58d and
2.5.01.1910.

Regards, Kris