[cvsnt] Re: Scripting error in 2.5.01

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Mar 29 23:22:03 BST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:57:42 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>More testing shows that the s parameter only ever sends the folder
>name one time (for the top folder) if it goes to the STDIN.
>Changing the command line to:
>%<< \nFiles:\n%<p %<< \n%<{sVvt} %<< \nLog Message:\n%<m
>
>makes the STDIN output change to this for the first folder:
>Files:
>ModuleXX
>ModuleXX
>SecondFile.txt,1.26.2.6,1.26.2.7,Branch_MergeTest
>
>and to this for the next folder:
>Files:
>ModuleXX/TestFolder
>TestFile.txt,1.6,1.7,
>
>Now I have a module folder name to play with in both executions even
>though the first gets the module twice. I can filter that easily.
>
>But I still consider this a bug in the implementation....

And it has been fixed in build 1921, so the s parameter works normally
again.
But the backslash escaping is not working now, this means that domain
users will be problematic to add into the recipients list for
CVSMailer. Uisng \\ does not produce the expected \ as before.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)