[cvsnt] Re: Trying to backtrack to 2.0.51d but getting errors...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 30 19:25:58 BST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:13:26 +0100, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I am at a total loss here concerning the issues with the older
>> versions of CVSNT. Where did the requirement for a clientlog dir
>> come??? I am *not* using WinCvs...
>
>I would assume that something has set this up - there is no such file
>requirement in any version of cvsnt.
>
>Maybe in your cvsrc or one of the scripts?

Now I have gone as far as uninstalling CVSNT, removing the install
folder and then renaming the Registry key HKLM/Software/CVS/Pserver to
Pserver.old.
Then I again installed CVSNT 2.0.58d and now I of course had to define
the repositories anew....
But the disappointing result is that even if I initialize a completely
new repository and try to access it, what it does is complaining about
this stupid missing file:
C:\Temp\cvstst>cvs ls
cvs [ls aborted]: cannot open
c:\programs\cvsnt\clientlog\wincvs.log.in: No such file or directory

Of course there is no such file, it should not be there in the first
place, I have no idea why it is complaining, but it stops my tests in
any case.

I have found one possible culprit, there is an environment variable
called CVS_CLIENT_LOG set to this:
C:\Temp\cvstst>set cvs
CVSROOT=:sspi:ALTAIR:/TEST2
CVSTEMP=F:\CVSTEMP
CVS_CLIENT_LOG=c:\programs\cvsnt\clientlog\wincvs.log

=>> Removing this environment variable makes cvs ls work like it
should. Now I will try to go on and make my tests.

But don't you have any idea what this environment variable is used for
and why it is set to be used even though I use the command line???

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)