[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Mar 31 23:27:38 BST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:56:45 +0100, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> In non-sandbox dir with CVSROOT set to :sspi:ALTAIR:/Korvkiosk
>> cvs ls  (hangs and no output)
>> cvs checkout ModuleXX  (hangs and no output)
>
>This works for me.
>
>I can only guess there's a version problem in one of the libraries..
>difficult to know whether it's on my machine or yours.
>
>I could try another build, or just send you a bunch of executables
>(since nothing's changed at this end that'd be a reasonable test).

Well,
I can't really understand why some commands work and some don't.
Looks like some kind of file listing is a problem:
cvs update filename (works)
cvs update (hangs)

In the first case the file is given and it works, in the second the
server needs to find out which files are referenced and it fails.

Same for cvs ls:
cvs ls CVSROOT/loginfo works
but
cvs ls does not

I guess that cvs commit does an implicit update also and it has to
figure out all the files to process, and therefore fails...

The installer I used to install 1922 is built using the same support
files as the one for 1921, the only difference is that I replaced the
cvsnt files from the binary downloads.

Now I have uninstalled 1922 and reinstalled 1921 and it all started
working again...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)