[cvsnt] Re: After upgrade CVSNT requires domainname in username

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Mon May 2 17:07:22 BST 2005

> You have probably not given correct permissions on the folders.

The problem is permissions looks to be correct. If I connect via sspi or
gserver with [client user] it works perfectly - therefore permissions
should be ok.

The users are all in the CVSUsers group or CVSAdmins group - which have
by now "full control" on the folders (plus SYSTEM and Administrators).

It's when using pserver it stops working - I created a cvsuser user
which is assigned to the CVSUsers group, and pserver users are aliased
to this user.

> I'm tempted to remove administrators from "Run as user" as it defeats

It would be correct - although right now it's the only way to have it
working... :)

> thus (potentially) increasing security.  The very last thing you want to
> do is run as an administrator.

That's why I was trying to have it working with [client user], or at
least with un unprivileged user like cvsuser.

Another strange thing: in the Run as user combobox, it lists several
user twice, first as <machinename>\<username>, then as
<domainname>\<username>. But the machine is a DC, therefore it has no
local user database, or am I wrong?

Could it be it running on a DC, or not?