[cvsnt] Re: Faulting application cvslock.exe

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon May 2 18:06:02 BST 2005

Ayvaz, James wrote:
> Has anyone seen this message in their application event log on Windows
> 2003 Server? with CVSNT version 2.0.58d?
>
> "Faulting application cvslock.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
> unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000."

I've never heard of a crash in cvslock... it's a pretty simple bit of
code (especially the one in 2.0.58d which didn't even have the threading
in it).

There were some old mcafee versions that used to cause cvsservice to
fault (actually the mcafee code itself fell over and the OS reported the
app as the cause) but that was fixed a while ago as I haven't heard
anything like it since.