[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt list downtime

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu May 5 16:58:55 BST 2005

On Thu, 05 May 2005 14:10:56 +0100, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> It's now 2 days past "tomorrow" and I cannot connect to the cvs
>> repository at cvsnt.org...
>> ping cvs.cvsnt.org results in:
>>
>It should work now.
>
>Was without internet or telephone for about 2.5 days, and ran up a huge
>mobile phone bill calling their premium rate support line...  Not v.
>happy really.

Yes,
it works now. :-)

I am rebuilding my home PC from scratch, could not get Windows XP-Pro
install understand that the disk it was installing to already had a
crashed XP that needed repairs. Did't get that option, instead it
warned against installing XP on a disk that apparently held a
different operating system... And to top it off, when I insisted it
told me that there was already a Windows folder and that installing to
that would mean that all previous settings and programs could be lost,
and they were....
So I gave up and repartitioned the new drive and installed fresh and
now I have to get all of my old apps back again. CVS is fine (easy to
install), but I fear the Visuals Studio tweaks in order to get it to
compile WinCvs and CVSNT...

I guess its just to bite hard and take one item at a time....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)