[cvsnt] 'cvs rename' problem. [resend from cvsnt-dev]

Jurko Gospodnetiæ mangled at to.avoid.spam
Fri May 6 09:43:31 BST 2005

[This is a resend of a post from cvsnt-dev that noone answered
so I'm guessing that is simply because noone who could reads
that group.]

  Hi.

  Don't know if this has been reported yet but I ran
into a bug with cvs rename.

  If you rename a file, and then update it, but from some folder
other than the one where that file resides, then that update fails...
(and as a side-effect - deletes the existing file from the sandbox
altogether :-)) ).

  Example:

  1. Rename FF/aaa.txt to FF/bbb.txt.
  2. Commit the FF folder.
  3. Now 'cvs update bbb.txt' from the FF folder works fine.
  4. 'cvs update FF/bbb.txt' from the FF's parent folder fails.

  This ofcourse makes the feature unusable via Tortoise CVS
as it does not change the current folder before issuing the
update command.

  Best regards,
    Jurko Gospodnetiæ