[cvsnt] ACL permissions

dzielke at aep.com dzielke at aep.com
Tue May 3 15:46:53 BST 2005

If the ACL for a directory is set up like this:

$ cvs lsacl
Directory: .
Owner: <not set>

user=admin
        read
        write
        create
        tag
        control

<default>,message=Only CVS Administrators are permitted to modify this
directory
        read
        write(deny)
        create(deny)
        tag(deny)
        control(deny)

This setting doesn't allow me access, even if my userid is in the
CVSROOT/admin file.  Page 27 of the latest CVSNT manual says that
repository administrators are automatically added to the admin group, and
as such it shouldn't be added to the CVSROOT/group file.

When was this ACL stuff (lsacl, chacl) added to CVSNT?  From the archives,
it looks like it should be working with my version (2.0.58b) but it seems
to be ignoring the CVSROOT/admin file.

Thanks,
Don Zielke
American Electric Power