[cvsnt] Re: Why LockServer can't work?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue May 10 06:30:19 BST 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005 01:01:01 +0800 (CST), michael zhou
<oochina_org at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>    In http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/LockServer, I have learned how to lock my cvs repository to backup.But when I try to do it, I meet a big trouble.
>    First,in my computer,it can't identify Directory flag,so i use "Lock Write Full|c://cvsserver/cvsroot" insteadly.But when i using another user login, it still can checkout and commit.It seems don't function.
>
>    Could anyone tell me why this happend?My CVSLOCK is 2.2.

If you really want to stop CVS access during backup the most
straigthtforward method would be to issue:
net stop cvsnt
then do the backup and afterwards
net start cvsnt

I don't see any advantage in using lockserver for this purpose.
And I don't even think it is necessary to stop cvsnt for backups...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)