[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT install failed and now Windows XP machine iscrashing

S Wagle swagle1 at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 15:13:30 BST 2005

Yes, that's a possibility that Windows update caused the problem.  I was
trying to think through the sequence of events.

The machine had been stable for quite some time and I had shut it down a
couple of days ago.  When it was shutting down, it installed a couple of
Windows updates.  Then I restarted the machine and worked on it for an hour
or so and it seemed fine.  Then I installed CVSNT on it, which gave the
install error message, and then it asked me to restart the machine.

When I restarted, Windows started to crash almost immediately or within 5
minutes or so of startup.

In one of those 5 minutes where the machine did not crash, I was able to
uninstall CVSNT, but that has not fixed the problem.  The machine continues
to crash.

-- Is there a way for me to determine conclusively if it was the Windows
update or CVSNT install that caused the crash?

-- Now that it is crashing, is there anything I can do to fix the problem,
short of reinstalling Windows again?

Thanks
Raj