[cvsnt] Binary files after removed download like text files

Arbesto Pelta arbesto_pelta at yahoo.es.remove-it
Tue May 10 15:26:38 BST 2005

Hello,

I am using CVSNT 2.5.01 Build 1910. I see that the Build 1927 is available
but I dont see it in the history section and a bad experience with the
release 2.0.58d did me more careful.

Well, I am experiencing a odd thing when I do a CVS remove over a binary
file:

- Before the "cvs remove" all is fine. The file is marked like binary (and
the keywords are none) and when I checkout it or take it using viewcvs the
file is ok.
- After I do the "cvs remove" the file is marked equally (binary an keywords
are none) but if I download the previous revisions via viewcvs the file is
downloaded bad because the "0a0d" sequeneces are substituted by "0a" ones.
- I recovered it doing a typical "cvs add" and after it if I try to download
the previous revision via viewcvs or via tortoise but the file is downloaded
bad again.

Now I tried to do an update -kb / commit -f process to redo it binay but
really this is unsuccessful because really the file ever was binary and the
cvs remove didnt change this condition.

Thanks