[cvsnt] Alert: Binary files are corrupted when you do a cvs remove

Arbesto Pelta arbesto_pelta at yahoo.es.remove-it
Tue May 10 16:22:57 BST 2005

Hello,

I am using 2.5.01 Build 1910. I see that the Build 1927 is available
but I dont see it in the history section and a bad experience with the
release 2.0.58d did me more careful.

Well, I am experiencing a odd thing: when I do a CVS remove over a binary
file it is corrupted. Specifically CVSNT substitute in the file ,v all hexa
"0a0d"
sequences by "0a".

The experience:

1) Before the "cvs remove" all is fine. The file is marked like binary (and
the keywords are none) and when I checkout it or take it using viewcvs the
file is ok.

2) After I do the "cvs remove" the file is marked equally (binary an
keywords
are none) but if I download the previous revisions via viewcvs the file is
downloaded bad because the "0a0d" sequeneces are substituted by "0a" ones.

3) I recovered it doing a typical "cvs add" and after it if I try to
download
the previous revision via viewcvs or via tortoise but the file is downloaded
bad again.

4) Now I tried to do an update -kb / commit -f process to redo it binay but
really this is unsuccessful because really the file ever was binary and the
cvs remove didnt change this condition.

5) Now I compare the ,v files before and after the cvs remove operation and
see that the CVSNT has changed the hexa "0a0d" sequences to "0a" ones inside
the ,v file... I think that this could do every binary file cvs-removed
irrecoverable!

Thanks