[cvsnt] commit with -r option [ Vírusmentes]

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue May 10 22:08:45 BST 2005

Daniel Lapolla wrote:
> Until we have add -r, how can I handle this situation? What server
> version you recommend for me to downgrade?

2.0.58d is still supported until I put in the add -r option.

> What you said can be restated as something like: "it only makes sense to
> put a new file in a branch if the branch is the directory itself"?
> Because adding a new file means changing the directory file list.
>
> How CVSNT will manage directory revisions? I'm thinking that there is
> some kind of "impedance mismatch" between CVS branching model and the
> control of directory revisions.

The ability to checkout multiple branches revisions to a directory is
one of the strengths of CVS, and that'll still work - directory
versioning is separate from file versioning.  It's more one of working
practice - it's unusual to want to add files to a branch without
previously working on that branch.  In your case if you have a good
reason to do so the add -r option will allow for that.